Aldaron - Spirit of Avalon Grove

Tree Spirit Challenge

I am Aldaron, a Tree Spirit. I came into this world connected to a young birch sapling, whose name is Telperion. It is a strong tree, full of heart and love. Together, we will grow. Together, we will thrive.


There was a challenge posted on the Minecraft Forums, called the Tree Spirit Challenge. The basic premise is that you start the game, pick a tree, and attach yourself to it. You can never leave your tree, which includes any logs of the same type  you add onto it. The only way to grow your tree is to plant saplings of that species, harvest them, and add them to your tree.

The difficulty comes from space. Need dirt? You need to 'grow' roots of your tree toward dirt where you can collect it. Need minerals? You're going to have to grow your roots deep in the earth, since you can never leave your tree. I play this challenge on hard.


Avalon Grove

I decided to make my tree in my favorite seed, nicknamed Avalon Grove. Rather than pick an existing tree as my tree, I built my starting tree and went from there. You can see Avalon Grove before I started, and my current progress in the two images below.




Construction

After making my first tree, I built a small dirt wall around it to spend the nights. I was able to kill a few skeletons before my health got too low to continue fighting. I used the bone-meal to grow several trees quickly, and after a few hours I was able to make the floor of the main trunk of my tree. I grow 9 trees at a time, as shown in the picture, for resources.

I now have the floor, with a 1-high wall on the edges. I also expanded down into the sandstone. Clearing the water inside my trunk took me well over an hour, as I was limited in resources. I was only able to use the sand I had under my trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment