Deir el-Jamarn


Deir el-Jamarn: Day 1







Deir el-Jamarn is an Egyptian-style city I am building. The city is located near a valley, similar to the Valley of the Kings. The main purpose of the city is to simply provide housing for the workers, but the nobles who the tombs are being made for live in the city.

I am using the default texture pack with one change. I 'muddied' the sandstone texture so it would look more like mud bricks, and give contrast to the surrounding sand. Additional materials other than sandstone, dirt, and sand, will be rare in this environment.

The low, long buildings outside the wall house the workers for the valley, while the nobility and their servants live inside the wall.

Every block is placed by hand, and I use TooManyItems to give myself the building materials, as this is a creative project. I use MCEdit for the terrain only, such as the flat desert, valleys, and mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment